Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Rebellion by J.D. Netto

Hello fellow readers, today I am back with a review of “Rebellion” by J.D. Netto – the sequel to “The Whispers of The Fallen”. I simply feel like I cannot put all my feels in this review because that is one of the best books I have read by now. Everything I liked about “The Whispers of The Fallen” is here.



Okay, this time I will begin with the writing. It got better than in the previous book. The descriptions continue to be short but descriptive and easily imaginable and there are no unneeded words. The style is still formal which I was still finding weird and actually asked the author why that is. He was really kind and told me it’s like this because the characters don’t need to rush and they live in another world. Some of the names I found hard to pronounce but I figured them out. The world-building is just startling. You can visualize everything you read without any difficulties.

The story folds even more. The plot becomes even more complicated. You do get some answers about questions asked in the first book but you are left with many questions like “Who is this?” or “How is this possible?” and many others. Also there are so MANY twists and turns that would just blow your mind. You are kept on the edge of your seat by the end of the book. Speaking of which, I am very, very angry. Why did both of these books and on such high notes and cliffhangers? I actually asked J.D. Netto and his answer was that he couldn’t help it. Anyways, we are left waiting for the next installment called #TGOS, yep, we still have just the initials and no actual name.



















The characters are developing by the page. They are just so well thought-out and presented that I cannot even describe in words. They go through so many things that I don’t know how they didn’t lose it. If I were in one of their places I would have gone cray-cray long time ago… I envy them for their strength.

I can hardly say anything about this book that I haven’t already mentioned in the review of the first book. “Rebellion” is taken to a whole new level of epicness. There are so many twists and turns that lead to the astounding finale with a cliffhanger that will leave you yearning for the continuation of the series.

Also stay tuned because I will be interviewing J.D. Netto on August 3rd at 7 p.m. EST. More details will be up soon.

Also if you want to learn things about the new books first you can subscribe to info@jdnetto.com by sending an e-mail.

                                                           My rating:                                           5 out of 5 stars


2 comments:

  1. It sounds like a great series!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, it is. :) You can order the booked the books from book depository. :)

      Delete