Saturday, August 2, 2014

Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout



Title: Onyx
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Series: Lux #2
Publisher: Entangled Teen
Published on: August 14th, 2012

Summary:
Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…

Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems. Something worse than the Arum has come to town…

Review:
When I finished "Obsidian" I couldn't believe that it ended. It is a good thing I had the Lux: Beginnings edition with me so I started reading "Onyx" immediately afterwards. 

The book picks up right where we left off at the end of  "Obsidian". Things had changed and Daemon had decided to prove to Katy that his feelings are real and aren't just a side effect of their extra-terrestrial bond. He starts giving her presents and just adore her in front of everyone. And then Blake comes in the picture.

He looks like the normal, new boy in the town. Katy becomes his friend quickly and Daemon gets jealous. Fortunately there is no love triangle but Blake keeps secrets which might cause some problems for the "couple". 

I am not going to lie - at times Katy annoyed the hell out of me. I could understand why she felt wary and constantly rejected Daemon but, come on. I also love Katy because she's a book blogger like I am. Considering you have read "Obsidian" you'd know that Katy is a tough girl and doesn't sit around waiting to be saved. No, instead, she runs into trouble without thinking. Also I didn't expect Katy and Daemon to have so many issues to handle with. It just made the book emotionally deeper. This is where Jennifer L. Armentrout's writing shines.

She is really able to make you feel compassion or hate for someone. Also, her ability to make relate to the characters is just fascinating. By the end of the novel I wanted to punch and hug a certain character at the same time. The plot twists at the end are just MIND-BLOWING. 

One character that I missed was Dee. It's not like she wasn't in the novel but we saw more of her in "Obsidian" than here. I just miss the friendship between her and Kat. 

"Onyx" managed to recapture the awesomeness of the first book and multiplied it by 10. At some points I felt the story dragged a little but that was just a two or three times in the entire book. It was an amazing sequel and didn't let down my expectations. This is why Jennufer L. Armentrout is one my most favourite authors. If you are a fan of "Obsidian", then definitely read this book and the rest of the series. 

And last but not least I want to mention that I read both - the Bulgarian and the English version of this book. The translation was perfect. I want to thank Egmont Bulgaria so much for translating the series.

Update: Stay tuned for the Bulgarian review on August 15th 
                                                                   
                                 My rating:
                             4.5 out of 5 stars

If you liked this review you can share it and subscribe. I would be very thankful if you do.



No comments:

Post a Comment