Saturday, August 16, 2014

Origin by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Series: LUX #4
Title: Origin
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Publisher: Entangled TEEN
Year of publication: 2013

Summary:

Daemon will do anything to get Katy back.

After the successful but disastrous raid on Mount Weather, he’s facing the impossible. Katy is gone. Taken. Everything becomes about finding her. Taking out anyone who stands in his way? Done. Burning down the whole world to save her? Gladly. Exposing his alien race to the world? With pleasure.

All Katy can do is survive.

Surrounded by enemies, the only way she can come out of this is to adapt. After all, there are sides of Daedalus that don’t seem entirely crazy, but the group’s goals are frightening and the truths they speak even more disturbing. Who are the real bad guys? Daedalus? Mankind? Or the Luxen?

Together, they can face anything. 

But the most dangerous foe has been there all along, and when the truths are exposed and the lies come crumbling down, which side will Daemon and Katy be standing on? 

And will they even be together?

Review:


CONTAINS MINOR SPOILERS 

Okay, so I when I finished reading Opal and my immediate reaction was like "That is not possible. This is not normal. A book cannot end like that..." and then I remembered that I have "Origin" next so I picked it up in that exact moment.

The book picks up almost exactly after the third one. The first thing you notice is that under the chapter number there is a name Katy or Daemon. This time around the book is from dual perspective. I had some reservation because I am not a fan of that kind of writing but I feel like that is about to change. Not once I got confused who was thinking. It is so easy to follow and I didn't get lost at all. I just love Jennifer's writing. I think I already mentioned that but, hey, it is. I can't really say anything else about it except it gets better and better. 

The first half of this book was little slow but I understand why that is. It was the only way to see what's going on inside Daedalus. I am just going to say it is a little different than what I thought it would be. When Daemon went in Deadalus it got more complicated. There had happened some things that made Kat feel depressed, sad and stuff but most importantly, she's changed. While the characters are down there they learn some things that complicate everything. They learn what the Origin is and just until the end of the book you are just kept on the edge of your seat. 

As I mentioned Katy has changed. She stopped thinking only about Daemon and has just developed more since the last book.She starts thinking about the consequences of her choices. Same goes for Daemon. 

This is the best book in the series so far and I can only imagine how epic and bittersweet will Opposition be. I never know what's coming next with Armentrout's books and by the end of this novel you will be blown away by the twists and turns and left craving for more.

The book comes out in Bulgaria on November 5th by Egmont Bulgaria.



                                        My rating:
                                   4.5 out of 5 stars


Tell me what you think about the book and review in the comment
 section and stay tuned for a giveaway soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment